Good afternoon brides and grooms! Today I wanted to talk to you about my wedding consultation process. If you decide to have me as your wedding photographer I require that we have a consultation to go over everything in your day in more detail so that we are all on the same page. In this post, I am going to go into every detail of how my consultation works and what you should bring to get the most out of this session.
Let's start with what a consultation actually is. A consultation is a meeting where we sit over coffee at a coffee shop or my home and discuss every detail about your wedding day. The topics we will go over are.
- I will have you fill out a very detailed questionnaire to help me know every moment of your wedding day from your bridal party to your shoes.
- We will discuss and start planning out your shot list.
- We will go over timelines.
- Talk about and plan your engagement session.
- We will go over and sign the contract.
- You will pay a $100 non-refundable deposit to hold your date and time.
The consultation usually lasts for about an hour to make sure that we get every detail down and do not miss anything. So now that I have told you what we go over in our consultation I want to list a few things that you should bring along with you to make sure you get the most out of this hour.
- A pen and paper to write notes.
- Any questions you may have for me.
- Your color pallet.
- Any photos that you want in your shot list.
- The contact information for your wedding planner, florist, venue, and any other vendors you may have.
- Your $100 non-refundable deposit.
I hope this post has been helpful to all of you who are thinking of hiring me to be your wedding photographer know how the consultation process will go. I hope to be the photographer blessed enough to capture your beautiful memories! I can't wait to see what 2018 is going to bring! I hope you have an amazing day and happy wedding planning!
Photos were taken by my best friend Hanna Williams of The Overflow Brand.
THE PARTY IS OVER ON INSTAGRAM COME FOLLOW ALONG!